RE: Re: Door Bells - Part II

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: Door Bells - Part II
  • From: "Doogie Brodie" <doogiebrodie@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 11:58:56 -0000

> Lucky bastids - why do they always get the _useful_ stuff? @(
> It's pretty small.  I haven't taken it apart yet, but I'm not
> confident. The plug would have to be held in place quite
> rigidly as one would be plugging/unplugging by holding the
> chime casing and yanking.....

Yep... I mean, from what I can see, it looks like *exactly* the same
box.... http://c2shop.safeshopper.com/22/21.htm?200

I wonder if the 2 US pins are still on it with the UK wiring connected
to that, or if it's a whole new back shell.... Just thinking about my
Motorola charger.... It has 2 US pins on it, but they fold down and clip
into a UK plug module.... :S

> Sure.  I just need to figure out how to get my Linn Intersekt
> switch to the 'PC' channel to play the sound, because of
> course SWMBO will be listening to the radio when the doorbell
> goes.....

..... Erm...... IR via a HomeVision or RS232 via HomeVision.... :S Dunno!
Fortunately I live in a one bedroom flat and if someone knocks on my
door, I can hear it everywhere :D

Doogie

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx