Re: TiVo-ise your PC

> how often do you see it advertised?
> Does the man in the street know what it's all about?

That's very true.  Non"techie" people have no clue about this
beast.  It's
so badly marketed.  Look at the UK website, it's a disgrace.

> I would get a TiVo, but SKY+ is more attractive because of the dual
tuners,
> recording of the digital stream and (most importantly) the AC-3
output.
> BUT it is way too expensive ATM - would consider if there was a
lifetime
sub
> price) and is tied to sky (obviously), and hardly anything is
broadcast in
> AC-3 (yet).

Right again.  I would have liked Sky+ too but I just can't stomach giving
Sky another tenner a month, EVERY MONTH for the foreseeable fututre.  AC3
is
no biggy for me.  I haven't watched some DVDs I got in Jan 2001!  Never
mind
watching movies off TV.

M.