RE: TiVo-ise your PC

> TiVo is the
> perfect example of public apathy, yet speak to anyone that bought one
> and has actually used it(Mark M ;-))! TiVo is simple, the

I think the high initial price of the units plus the ongoing subscription
(or even the 200 lifetime fee) are what put a lot of people off.
600 quid is a lot for the masses to shell out for something they're not
sure
about - especially when a 150 VCR and a dozen tapes is 'good enough' for
most ppl.
That plus crap marketing probably explains much of TiVo failing to make a
big impact.

> able to understand this? My father struggles to program the VCR let
> alone operate in PC environment and understand capturing, quality rate
> etc. and my Mother simply won't go near the PC.

I think the idea would be to set it up once and let it get on with it ala
TiVo.
The 802.11 broadcasting sounds good - if it works.  That way SWMBO/Dad etc
don't need to go near their PC's - just view their proggies on an
iPaq/Fujitsu/whatever!

Tony