Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2002 10:55 AM
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Barcode scanners

I've seen people suggest using these for "inventory control" of their food cupboards in the kitchen but what about things like cheese from the Deli counter where you have two problems:

1) The barcode contains the price so changes each time you purchase another batch.

2) You don't take it out and eat the whole thing in one go. (Well, maybe I do but that's just me.)

Phil