BULK BUY: Barcode scanners

Ray,

Also ironically, I'm looking at 232 level conversion for a different
project, would a small module with in and out connectors be of use ?

Ok, so we've got 2 for a bulk buy, need another 8 to complete the
minimum number requried to make it worth while.

Stuart

On Wed, 2002-02-27 at 09:43, Ray Barnett wrote:
> Stuart,=20
>=20
> Funny you should mention the RFID tags - they were what I was really
afte=
r from them, and they work a treat. I bought the simple RS232 RFID reader
a=
nd 10 key fobs. The reader simply transmits the ID of the tag to the
serial=
port of a PC when it detects a fob (and blinks an LED). Range of detection=
with the supplied aerial is about 20mm.
>=20
> Ironically I need the RFID reader to output TTL RS232 and the barcode
rea=
der to do 12v RS232, but sods law means they're the other way around. If
yo=
u find 9 other orders for the barcode scanner *and* a way of simply
convert=
ing the levels up to 12v, then count me in as the 10th order.
>=20
> Ray Barnett
>   ----- Original Message -----=20
an=
>   e-mail relating to a bulk buy should be sent off list.
>=20
>   Regards
>=20
>   Stuart
>=20
>=20
>=20
>   On Tue, 2002-02-26 at 21:05, Ray Barnett wrote:
>   > Thought people might be interested to know that I came across a
suppl=
ier of cheap barcode scanners... =A320 for a second hand "guaranteed
to wor=
k" unit.
>   >=20
>   > I'd like to report how well they work, only I read the bit
about it s=
upporting TTL RS232 *after* I plugged it in to my PCs RS232 port? Anyone
ca=
re to venture the odds on it still being alive? Oops.
>   >=20
>   > http://www.zygo.btinternet.co.uk/offer004.html
>   >=20
>   > Just don't plug them straight into a 12v serial port like I
just did =
;-)