Re: NEW ukha project

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: NEW ukha project
  • From: "Ray Barnett" <ray.barnett@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 08:22:45 -0000

> My initial plan is as follows, use of the MAS3587F combinded
MP3-Decoder
> and DAC, and Rabbit Microcontroller.
> Comments ?

Stuart,

Count me as interested... To add to your thoughts... I have been planning a
hardware web interface for my home automation for some time, and now have
considerable more time available in which to design and build one. I was
looking initially at a web/automated thermostat, but an MP3 player sounds
quire funky.

Have you looked at the www.basicx.com and www.siteplayer.com? I mention
these simply because I already have the development kits for them, and they
are relatively easy to use. However, the rabbit controller you mentioned
looks like it might be more powerful and cheaper, although possible harder
to code to. Will look at it in more depth now...

BTW, according to Systronix, TINI might becoming more available over the
next month or so but I will believe it when I see it.

Ray Barnett.