Re: NEW ukha project

> Stuart,
>
> Count me as interested... To add to your thoughts... I have been
planning a
> hardware web interface for my home automation for some time, and now
have
> considerable more time available in which to design and build one. I
was
> looking initially at a web/automated thermostat, but an MP3 player
sounds
> quire funky.
>
> Have you looked at the www.basicx.com and www.siteplayer.com? I
mention
> these simply because I already have the development kits for them, and
they
> are relatively easy to use. However, the rabbit controller you
mentioned
> looks like it might be more powerful and cheaper, although possible
harder
> to code to. Will look at it in more depth now...
>
> BTW, according to Systronix, TINI might becoming more available over
the
> next month or so but I will believe it when I see it.

I think the benifits that Rabbbit brings is that the ethernet interface
is already there, it's programable in C, and it's porbably got enough
power to do MP3 Playback, and a little bit more. Plus it's cheaper than
the TINI, with regards to supply issues been sorted, I'm not holding my
breath on this, as thing were supposed to get better late last year.

Cheers

Stuart

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx