RE: RS232 or RF X10?

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: RS232 or RF X10?
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 15:43:36 +0000

Sorry Tim, - been a bit busy today...

Personally, I really wouldn't touch an RF solution with a shitty stick.
(Well, not an X10 RF product set anyway) - I understand there are other
supposedly far more reliable systems such as the Visonic that Comfort
sell...

The X10 RF stuff, just plain ain't reliable enough in my experience. We all
know how bad the TM12's can be for locking up, plus the batteries in the
handheld remotes are guaranteed to give up just at the wrong time.

I would, if it is a feasable option, go for a wired solution every time.

Paul G.

>From: "Timothy Morris" <timothy.morris@xxxxxxx>
>To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
>Subject: RE: [ukha_d] RS232 or RF X10?
>Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 14:16:44 -0000
>
>I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT NO-ONE ELSE HAS AN OPINION!
>
>Come on guys I'm asking for help here!
>
>Tim.

Although