RE: Power triggering

> You are looking at either replacing the current TV remote
[...]
> an IR "come out of standby" signal - you say not a
Pronto..... I'm not

The problem for SWMBO is that with these multi device remotes, you have to
select the correct device on the remote, hunt for the button that is
currently defined as 'on' (or scroll to the panel with the 'on' button if
using the pronto), press it, realise you want to watch SKY, switch to
controlling sky box etc....  far easier (to her) to pick up TV remote and
hit the bid reg button, then pick up the Sky remote and hit the 'SKY'
button
etc.....
So it's not that she doesn't like the Pronto per se, she doesn't like _any_
of these multifunction remotes (eg remote angel, one-4-all etc that I went
thru before finding pronto).

> What about a bedside timer controller clock with a TV on/ off
> button......? Its still only one button for either on or off, which
> would send the appropriate IR and X10 commands, based on it
> transmitting
> X10...... But is a "New" button to press instead of the one
on the
> remote.......
>
> This is getting pretty tricky....! :D

Indeed, particularly as in this case, I'm actually thinking of the main TV
downstairs :)

> Hehehehhehehehe.... You should've heard mine the first time she found
> some areas of the kitchen outside the range of PIR, which she
> wanted to
> be in for over the timeout period.... Eek! Hence the reason I
> now have a
> "Keep kitchen lights on no matter what" override function!
:D

If only my pronto had a 'Keep SWMBO quite & accepting of the quaint
little
oddities of X10 no matter what' override :-D

Tony

Visit our Internet site at http://www.rbsmarkets.com