RE: Power triggering

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Power triggering
  • From: "Kenneth Watt" <kennwatt@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 14:48:21 -0000

> I can get to the loft for the upstairs lights okay (lets leave aside
> downstairs lights for now!!)
> but my consumer unit is @ ground floor level.
> Where can I find info on the LD11 - I can only see LD10 on lets
automate &
> that requires a neutral wire - so back to major re-wiring again :-((

Not if you mount the LD11 in a single enclosure above the fitting in the
loft space. LD11 is only an LD10 with updated firmware in the guts,
physically they are identical and there is no difference in the wiring.

> How do I dim it if it's a momentary jobbie?  Just push & hold and
wait
for
> it to cycle around?

Yes! One press to start it up (starts from 0%) then when you release it
and press again either starts to dim or brighten based on the last
event. i.e. if it was getting brighter and you release the switch, press
again and it starts to dim.

> If this LD11 doesn't need a neutral then I may be okay - though I
> presumably
> need something to house it in as I don't have a consumer unit in the
loft?

It does require a neutral, but then so does a light to work, so it's
there already you just have to suss how to wire it up.

> > up. In many
> > cases it was not an ideal solution, but hey, nothing's every
totally
> > ideal.
>
> As I'm finding out more and more, much of this X10 lark seems to be
> 'compromise' and 'sticky plaster' type solutions :-(

Mostly, but it's great fun :-)

K.

> thanks for all these ideas though Kenneth.

NP.

K.