RE: Power triggering

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Power triggering
  • From: "Kenneth Watt" <kennwatt@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 14:39:10 -0000

Tony,

The way I see it you have only a few options left open:

Re-train SWMBO to be more technology friendly

Get rid of SWMBO and do your own thing

Get HV and this will do what you want

Just get a Pronto to do it all and then *remove* all the old remotes so
SWMBO has no option but to use a Pronto...that's what I did ;-). Part of
the re-training effort!

The Pronto started me on the HA path as this was replacing eight remotes
for my AV kit, now I cannot imagine not having a Pronto in at least two
rooms of the house.

You're running out of options mate.

K.

I'll
> do it'.  She
> never does, so she still complains it doesn't do what she wants to
> do......)
> so will
> probably continue to use the original TV remote.  This is why the X10
IR
> module must be
> able to pick up on the TV ON signal and send a signal to the relevant
> appliance module
> (or more likely to a virtual HS module to then send it for me....)
>
> > HomeVision is) and then running things based on that. Much
> > simpler would
> > be to have an IR->X10 box (IR543) and a remote control which
sent a
> > command to the TV and an X10 command to the IR box.
>
> These appear now to be discontinued (according to lets automate) but
if
> they
> are replaced by
> the IR7243 then this will not do as it 'will only respond to X10 IR
> signals'.
> Which would mean SWMBO having to either use the pronto & have it
send
two