RE: Power triggering

> Tony,
>
> You're getting there ;-)
>
> Rewiring is often not needed, well not in the strictest sense anyway
[...]
> I can easily get into the loft space and connect an LD11
> directly to the
> light above the light fitting which means I can also access the wiring
> to the wall switch as well. I could also wire the fitting and switch
> back to the consumer unit in the loft easily and all out of sight, in
> most modern homes I've seen this is not a huge problem, if you cannot
> get access to the area above the ceiling fitting then you're screwed
> without doing a lot of work. So I can use the existing wiring from the
> wall switch, replace with a momentary job and connect to the LD11 and,
> presto, instant X10 and local control of the ceiling light.

I can get to the loft for the upstairs lights okay (lets leave aside
downstairs lights for now!!)
but my consumer unit is @ ground floor level.
Where can I find info on the LD11 - I can only see LD10 on lets automate
&
that requires a neutral wire - so back to major re-wiring again :-((

How do I dim it if it's a momentary jobbie?  Just push & hold and wait
for
it to cycle around?

If this LD11 doesn't need a neutral then I may be okay - though I
presumably
need something to house it in as I don't have a consumer unit in the loft?

> up. In many
> cases it was not an ideal solution, but hey, nothing's every totally
> ideal.

As I'm finding out more and more, much of this X10 lark seems to be
'compromise' and 'sticky plaster' type solutions :-(

thanks for all these ideas though Kenneth.

Tony

Visit our Internet site at http://www.rbsmarkets.com