[ukha] New Project

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ukha] New Project
  • From: Stuart Poulton <swp@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 22:46:28 +0000 (GMT)

Hi All,

I've been liasing with the UK suppliers of rabbit and have had the
following response.

The question is can we actually drum up enought interest to pursue this
futher.

As a reminder whilst the devel kit is expensive, the actual modules arn't
when you consider what your getting, TCPIP connection and ~24 IO Lines to
use.

Message from supplier [snipped to protect the guilty]

Hi Stuart

Yes, I would like to consider doing something for your group.

I'd like to understand a little more about what you are thinking of and
would appreciate having an idea of the number of kits you think we could
provide.

Since any price discount that we may offer comes purely out of our margins
(I would not get additonal price support from Rabbit) I would need to
balance
the numbers sold against the reduction in profit in order to calculate what
level of discount we could do for you.

Are all your group based within the university ? (If so then this could
mean
that we could supply without charging VAT)