Re: X10 Din rail wiring questions

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: X10 Din rail wiring questions
  • From: "Mark McCall" <mark@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 12:23:37 -0000

> I may run CAT5 to each switch location too, though I am not sure
> what it might be used for at present. Does anyone have any suggestion
> as to why this might or might not be a good idea?

I ran 2 CAT5s to a seperate box beside every light swtich. I did this in the hope that some hardwired REASONABLY priced system will come along in the future.

If you want a use for them in the meantime what about IR distribution or temperature probes?

> there likely to be a problem if these wires run together in conduit.
> I do have a good gap between the din rail modules in the consumer
> units.

The problems I had were on two circuits.  One was where 4 switches share a single gang Clispsal faceplate, the other was a 5 in one!  I heard that this problem was sorted in the later firmware versions of the LD11s.  Can anyone confirm?

M.