RE: single device X10 RF remote

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: single device X10 RF remote
  • From: "Kenneth Watt" <kwatt@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 17:24:09 -0000

> BTW, I didn't know that you're working there, I knew for Phil.

I don't work for LA or Laser but I sympathise with their problem of how
to charge for P&P, quite simply people don't want to pay for it nor do<= BR> they seem to think that they should. Yet if you build it into the cost
then you get slagged for being too expensive on the products, simply
put, as a retailer, you can't win.

> People, this was not intended to slag LA, we all know how they were always
> supportive of our little community. It was merely my opinion that
their
> P&P
> rates are a bit over the standards of the industry at the moment. If they
> cannot be cheaper, then...let it be.
> Ken, I appologize, if you are interested in my opinion as a customer,<= BR> you
> can contact me off the list.

No need really, it's not an argument I merely had to point out that
these things are set at a rate which the retailer sets and is
comfortable with, whether you are prepared to pay for the service or not is down to you personally. What I was trying to say that calling it a
"ripoff" was misleading as it's not really, the rates are clearly= stated
up front and, as I said, it's up to you as a consumer to accept that or
not.

ATEOTD, I bet that LA or Laser would probably make less on the single
item than the sale was worth, hence the higher charges on postage, we
have to do similar with spares some of which cost >=A32, but bear in min= d
that someone has to deal with that item all the way though the system
(ordering, receiving, unpacking, repacking, labelling, packing, posting
etc., not just a simple "pop it in an envelope" most times) and y= ou have
to account for the staff's time and the cost to do that that's all I was saying and on low-value stuff it's hard to build it into the price, if
at all possible. After all, we all don't go to work for nothing, why
should we expect Laser or LA to do so?

K.