RE: single device X10 RF remote

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: single device X10 RF remote
  • From: "Nikola Kasic" <nikola@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 16:49:48 -0000

No offence Ken, but really has no sense to pay 40% of the price for
delivery. And all within UK, no special delviery etc. I bet that p&p for
keyfob is not more than ?2.5, which means that handling is ?5 for putting it
into envelope. I would understand if you have a flat fee for delivery (like
Laser - ?5 inc. VAT, no matter of the size) so big packages would be
relatively cheaper, but your P&P increases with the weight!
I planned to make it up a bit, like order one more LW11G and maybe micro
module, but according to the site, it's then 0.7kg which puts me in higher
price band again.
It looks to me that it's rather a gimmick to present base prices as being
cheaper then competion, and then compensate it through delivery charges.
Anyway, I could argue further, but I don't want this to grow into kind of
debate which can affect your business.
BTW, I didn't know that you're working there, I knew for Phil.

People, this was not intended to slag LA, we all know how they were always
supportive of our little community. It was merely my opinion that their P&P
rates are a bit over the standards of the industry at the moment. If they
cannot be cheaper, then...let it be.
Ken, I appologize, if you are interested in my opinion as a customer, you
can contact me off the list.
Cheers,
Nik