From: "Dr John Tankard" <john@xxxxxxx>
To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2002 7:40 AM
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Displays around the house - direct to a pc or via
tcp/ip

That's ok if we understand what this means, to have multi drop we cannot use RS232 (unless we daisy chain displays and messages get passd down
the line to reach the correct device (ie two serial ports one each
display)), so this means we need a IO card for the pc or a custom RS232
<> 485 converter. I don't know what the cost is for a  card, rem= ember
that many people are using old PC's for HA and we need to source ones
which work both bus styles. Lets say that the card is say =A330

Yahoo! Groups Spons= or
3D""

For more information: http://www= .automatedhome.co.uk