Re: RE: Measuring bath water depth

BUTLER, Tony, FM wrote:

> But if you X10-up the heating system then occupancy detection will tell you
> nobody's home, so no point running the boiler all day.....

Good call! :)

Of course as long as the occupancy detection doesn't involve SWMBO
pressing a button before leaving the house ;)

Obviously the occupancy detection would need to detect wether someone
was in the house or not reliably enough to stop them being frozen while
veging out on the couch :)

> LOL, they could hardly meter it when it's falling out of the sky 24/7 now
> could they? :D

Sad but true! :o

Less said about the recent Glasgow water supply problems the
better...... "We only pay compensation when there's no water
supplied..... there was water supplied to your homes, OK you had to boil
it before drinking it/ washing dishes with it/ etc etc, but it was still
supplied..." :o

> What about a minature version of those thingys in the loo to stop it
> overflowing?  You'd need something v.small and discreet that  clips onto the
> bath or something and is purely mechanical in operation.  Or is that too
> simplistic?

It would have to be very discreet.... and not get in the way when
(especially) SWMBO stretches legs, moves legs over side of bath etc etc
etc....

> Or how about instead of detecting level of water, you measure the flow rate
> coming out of the taps (nick one of those formula one refuelling rigs) and
> stop the water after x amount has flowed?

Sounds like fun!

--
Doogie

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor