-----Original Message-----
From: Andy Bovingdon [mailto:bov@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 12 August 2002 13:49
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Fw: FS Meridian 565

I'll third that "buy" recommendation, having owned a 565 (and a 562, 518, 555 and 3 DSP5000 speakers) for around 8-9 years
now, upgrading firmware and adding on new boards along the way.

One word of caution - the 565 does not have flash memory, so the
upgrades listed on the web site would not work. The software
fitted is the most recent and I doubt Meridian will upgrade the unit
any further. With the 565 you get a very good quality processor,
albeit with no THX-EX or DTS-ES decoding. This also does not
use the latest 24/96 DACs etc. But this originally cost 3 times this
price, so not bad, especially if you can knock him down a bit.

________________________________________________________________________ This email has been scanned for all viruses by the MessageLabs SkyScan