RE: Re: Hv multizone ir system Costing

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: Hv multizone ir system Costing
  • From: "Nikola Kasic" <nikola@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 13:10:10 +0100

Frank,
I just took a look and it seems that Tx zone splitters still have some logic. Is it true?
I don't have same equipment in single zone, so I would like to have blaster installed next to receiver. Is that possible?
What are the characteristics of such blaster (distance over which it works). Someone said that Pronto is better than regular remotes because it's more powerful so IR beams reflect from the walls so it can work from all kinds of angles. Will you be able to control power of blaster so placement will not be so essential, or you'll still have to place it in front of the equipment, so you'll still need a couple of them per room.
Also, because I plan to put it fixed on the wall, will you have a version with patching connector instead of RJ45. This is not really an issue, I can terminate the cable with RJ45, but...
Ideally, I would like to put it in single (or double) UK electric box and attach receiver/sender to blanking plate. Will that be possible and will it fit?

And one even more important thing, will it be able to work without HV at some stage, i.e. will it be possible to connect controller unit to serial port on PC?

Cheers,
Nik