RE: Re: Hv Multizone Update(IR MESSENGER)

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: Hv Multizone Update(IR MESSENGER)
  • From: "Ian B" <Ian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 07:51:35 +0100

Hi Frank

Yes, the units run the same program and scan for either IR or comms.
Whichever gets in first is duly processed.

I decode RC5 in the same way but the layout of the bits is different. In RC5
a bit always consists of a low time and a high time which are the same. I
cannot remember which way round it is but a '0' will go from low to high in
the middle and a '1' is the opposite. Still fits with my way of encoding the
signal though. My way falls down when there are more than two lengths time
of time in the signal not including the start bit. I simply cannot represent
it. Luckily I only have one remote that does this and it is really old and
the receiver is long since dead.

Thanks

Ian