RE: Re: OT: Domain Names LEGAL Stuff

there can be multiple Trademarks for the same name for differnet
people/companies.
According to The UK Patent Office they must be "distinctive for the
goods/services for which registration is sought, and not deceptive, or
contrary to law or morality, and not identical or similar to any earlier
marks for the same or similar goods/services."

Examples: CRUCIBLE (Just picked that becuase I am looking at my Meteor CID
Box!)

http://webdb4.patent.gov.uk/cgi-bin/casablanca/cb_cgi?cb_dialogue=dlg_tmer85
&detailsrequested=C&trademark=2133872

http://webdb4.patent.gov.uk/cgi-bin/casablanca/cb_cgi?cb_dialogue=dlg_tmer85
&detailsrequested=C&trademark=2122562

http://webdb4.patent.gov.uk/cgi-bin/casablanca/cb_cgi?cb_dialogue=dlg_tmer85
&detailsrequested=C&trademark=2122562

Same word registered in different classes. So the argument regarding If they
have a registered trademark does not hold water.

Michael

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor