-----Original Message-----
From: chemically_enhanced2000 [mailto:chemically_enhanced@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 7 August 2002 09:07
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx Subject: [ukha_d] Re: Workflow websites?

Hi Mark,

Maybe over kill but have a look at

http://sourceforge.net/projects/compiere/

Cheers,
Jason

--- In ukha_d@y..., "Mark Harrison" <Mark.Harrison@e...> wrote:
> Does anyone know of any software to design "workflow websites"...
The kind of thing that one can do in Lotus Notes, or ATG Scenarios...
but free :-)

> The application is the fabled "UKHA Bulk Buys" database.
>
> The idea would be that there were a number of processes... some like
"register" would be trivial. Others would be things like "Create a new
bulk buy" and "Join a bulk buy".

> The "Participate in a Bulk Buy" would have stages like:
>
> - Express an interest, indicate the price you'd be prepared to pay
(no commitments) (USER task)
> - Confirm the negotiated price, subject to enough people (BULK BUY
ORGANISER task)
> - Confirm you want to participate (USER task)
> - Flag up that enough people have signed up (SYSTEM task)
> - Request money (BULK BUY ORGANISER task)
> - Claim money is sent (USER task)
> - Confirm money is received (BULK BUY ORGANISER task)
> - Order goods (BULK BUY ORGANISER task)
> - Receive goods (BULK BUY ORGANISER task)
> - Ship goods to users (BULK BUY ORGANISER task)
> - Confirm receipt of goods (USER task)
>
> ... obviously, one COULD write all this in, say, Perl, against a
MySQL backend. However, in the world I normally live in this is a
couple of hours task to write the system, given that my employer
provides expensive tools to increase programmer productivity :-)