RE: After opinons of an aesthetic nature

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Chasmer [mailto:robert.chasmer@xxxxxxx]
Sent:
06 August 2002 11:53
To: 'ukha_d@xxxxxxx'
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] After opinons of an aesthetic nature

Each light is wired independantley but ends up in distribution boxes in the
ceiling just above the lightswitch.  At the moment there tied together into
the four zones and controled by 2 double dimmer switches.  I ordered the
Lutron Garphic Eye switch which replaces those last week (only two years
late).  I think wiring up the whole house for HA control of the lights will
need to wait till we build our own house.  I'd want a system that worked
independantly of a PC, but could still interface with it.  I'm very
interested to know how your new system turns out.  Lutron does what I want
for now, is very expensive, but I'm only going to have it in one room.

Don’t get me wrong, Polaron is in no way a cheap solution, but it is significantly less than buying from Lutron. I’m meeting with their sales manager tomorrow afternoon, and will be beating him up on price(!) Domestic lighting really is a new venture for them, and I’m really playing systems integrator with their kit, intelligent curtain and venitian blind controllers (from the Farnborough Blind company – Silent Gliss ‘pro’ range functionality but without the mark up), plus simple integration to the alarm over RS232. And yes I am loosing sleep over it.

Thanks for the input – I’ll make a decision one day…

Tim.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor