RE: X10/Room Occupancy/SWMBO acceptance

Not sure about your exact solution, but I will outline my setup. I have
3 lights in the bedroom - 2 bedside lights and the main light. When we
go to bed 'bedtime' is run from Homeseer. This macro basically turns off
all the lights in the house after certain time delays. The three bedroom
lights are turned on as is the landing light. A flag, 'AllInBed', is set
to true in Homeseer. Beside each bed we have the sticky switches (3
switches) which control all three bedroom lights. If my wife falls
asleep I can turn out her light and vica versa. When all the lights go
out then the landing light goes out 1 minute later. A flag, 'Asleep', is
set to true which in turn 'Night Mode' in Comfort. That means that as we
go to bed all the lights go out downstairs over about 20 mins and then
the setting of the alarm only happens when we are asleep. We have been
working this way for about a year now with no problems.
Now your situation is different in that your SWMBO will complain. Tough.
In my setup it would be much the same if there were no X10 lights,
except you would have to get up off your arse to turn off the main
bedroom and landing lights. If you go to bed after SWMBO (without an X10
setup running) are you not allowed to turn on any lights? Do you wear
night vision? It is not unreasonable to turn on a light when going to
bed (either with X10 or your finger!) so if SWMBO is going to wake up
and complain get her a blackout mask people wear when flying.

If Bedtime = True
      If Wife <> BlackoutMask Then
            Wife = Awake
            Homeseer.Speak("Should have worn your blackout mask!")
      Else
            Wife = Asleep
      End If
End If