Re: SMS (again) - using external wireless modems to send and receive

Dan

I have been experimenting with a Siemens TC35T unit, from memory this is a
dual
band GSM unit with separate aerial, PSU and serial cable for the PC. As it
runs
just like a modem and all the SMS based commands to send and receive
messages
(as in AT commands), I am writing some code at present mainly for passing
commands from SMS through to ACE (via DDE) and vice-versa (ACES can send via
SMS)

This will enable me to make up lists of instruction to execute depending on
what was received via ACE or SMS, and pass onto comfort or whatever i have
wired up, currently written in VB as i butchered there code that came with
it.
So far, it has been quite reliable, only problem i seem to have is the PSU
running really hot

Ade