Re: How hot is your CAT5

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: How hot is your CAT5
  • From: "graham_howe" <graham@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 13:34:38 -0000

--- In ukha_d@y..., john.benfield@u... wrote:

> I'm planning my CAT5 runs at present and I have not idea what the
> temperature operating limits are for CAT5. Some of the cable will
be laid
> in trucking in the insulation in the ground floor, with under floor
> heating above it. The UFH will run at 45oC, but I've no idea what
the
> temperature in the trucking will get to. Given the temperatures
that some
> building risers I've been in get to, I suspect that I don't need to
worry.
> Any ideas?

I have lots of my cable lying along side the central heating pipes,
quite simply in my house there was no viable alternative. I also have
lots of cable running alongside mains and coax cable, again because
there was no alternative. Every single one of the 88 ports works fine
and everything has been in place for more than 18 months now. So all
I can say is I have had no problems in NOT following the guidelines.
YMMV.

Graham

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor