Re: Linux ....grrrr!

On Saturday 03 August 2002 12:17 pm, Phillip Harris wrote:
> Linux doesn't run the software that I want it to (lets ignore Windows
> emulators as then we're back to Windows anyway). My wife uses Windows at
> work ... She doesn't want to learn a new computer system and way of
> working. She didn't like Linux when I installed it on the "spare" PC as
> it didn't work the way she expected and it wouldn't run her family tree
> software.

Have you looked at Open Office Phil? I ditched MS Office in favour of it, and
didn't tell the missus. She opened up one of her documents and just commented
that "it looked a bit different when I used it"

not much use for the family history software I know :-)

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
Click here to visit our exclusive feature of ACUVUE2
Colours at LensExpress.com!
Click here to find your contact lenses!