Just got this from Foris.... :(

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Just got this from Foris.... :(
  • From: "Lee Varga" <lee@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 23:38:59 +0100

Posted today to our website at http://w= ww.foris.co.uk/

1st August 2002
Statement from the Director.

*************************

I would like to address all 2,660 customers who made purchases over the
weekend at our Microcom Warehouse online store.

Please accept my sincere apologies on behalf of my company. Unfortunately, = a
genuine mistake was made in our last database update with incorrect prices<= BR> displayed on few products in our catalogue. In particular the error fell on=
a popular laptop brand, which should not have appeared on the site. Other products that are unavailable show at a price of =A30.01. The problem has occurred with the software program used by AmbleStreet, our in-house IT
development arm, when preparing the recent price list.

I would like to make clear and reassure all customers that made credit card=
purchases that their accounts will NOT be debited. As we cannot complete their transactions all orders placed between Friday 26th and Sunday 28th July 2002 will be cancelled.

The problem is being addressed now and I hope NOT to have a repeat of this<= BR> in the future. Our shopping cart has been disabled in the meantime until we=
can get our website back to normal. The response to our mistake has been overwhelming to such an extent that the 270,786 average daily hits to our server have outstripped our limited business resources. Our freephone
support is temporarily down and our email response system has suffered a blow!

The business is based on providing the best products and service possible o= n
the Net and it looks like we have fallen at this hurdle. I expect the
overhaul of the website to be completed shortly as we are keen to resume normal trading. Again I regret and apologize for the inconvenience this has=
caused to our customers.

Kind Regards

Ian Nedd
Foris Ltd.