isdn & wireless router

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: isdn & wireless router
  • From: "biggles299" <charles@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 18:13:27 -0000

After reading recent threads and resigning myself to the fact that
the only way I will get Broadband is to move, I am now considering
ISDN. It meets 66% of my needs (second line, fast connect). At
present I do not need always on but I would however appreciate the
extra speed of broadband but flying pork is more likely.
Assuming I can get ISDN, my dilema is as follows.
My Node 0 is not that large. Currently all telephone and CAT 5
converge in in along with the BT master socket. When fitted the ISDN
point will be here as well. At the moment, I really don't want to put
a PC in there so I would like to have a router attached to the ISDN
line to provide NAT and DHCP.
There is a problem looming on the horizon, SWMBO wants to give the
boys each a room of their own, this will mean I loose my playroom in
the house and will be consigned to the garage. Running CAT5 to the
garage will be a Hurculean task hence I am considering WiFi.
Ideally I would like a single box to take care of the WiFi and ISDN
but from the quick look I have had this seems unlikely. Can anybody
suggest such a product.
If I have to use a seperate box for the ISDN and the WiFi. Is there a
solution I can use that will not require a permenantly on PC i.e. can
I wire the router to the WAP without a PC.
Please excuse if the above is poorly written but I am still trying to
get to grips with all of this..

Thanks in advance
Charles Stringer

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor