RE: Question re: infrared

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: Question re: infrared
  • From: Mike Griffiths <mike@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 01:14:58 +0100

IR hard wiring works fine with Cat5

Best way to learn about the possibilities of IR is the Xantech site

http://www.xantech.com/products/i_folder/i_78944.pdf

links you to their basic amplifier

work backwards through the site to learn more

Things to remember with IR is:

It is like water - It only flows one way

So  bidirectional control = two circuits

TX(emitter) = two wires (signal/earth)

RX(receiver) =three wires (power/earth/signal)

Play with one Zone before planning Multi-Zones

Hope this helps

Mike