RE: OT: Here's a good one from O2

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: OT: Here's a good one from O2
  • From: "Amar Nagi" <amar@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 19:35:27 +0100

Title: Message

Yes

1)       take legal action against o2

2)       find a more pro-active pa J

-----Original Message-----
From: Keyvan Rahimian [mailto:keyvan@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 29 July 2002 19:32
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx Subject: [ukha_d] OT: Here's a good one from O2

I travel a lot on business, and use my mobile a lot abroad.

My average bill is around £450 per month (still cheaper & easier than using hotel phones).

Here is the thing, last Dec, I took up BT cellnet on the overseas call-saver plan (or whatever they called it at the time).

My PA normally takes care of expenses and I rarely get to see my bills or expenses. Anyway, when I tried to get GPRS (a lot of hassle getting signed on to the service) I took a look at my last bill to see if GPRS had been started..

Surprise! No discount on overseas calls since Feb!!

My PA called them, they said (after a lot of waiting on the phone and being shunted about to different teams) yes they had made a mistake and when they transferred to the new system the international call saver option did not come across.

Now here is the funny part:

They claim because I get monthly bills and I did not spot their overcharging, I am only entitled to a partial refund.

The analogy is that unless you catch someone stealing from you at the time or soon after they steal from you, then they have the right to keep some of your money.

Sounds fair? No wonder telco's are in trouble if this is the way they treat customers.

Any comments??

KR

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor