RE: After Sky DigiBox - cheap suppliers ??

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: After Sky DigiBox - cheap suppliers ??
  • From: "Jon Whiten" <jon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 09:26:29 +0100

> From: BUTLER, Tony, FM [mailto:roaming@xxxxxxx]
> Sent: 24 July 2002 09:08
> To: 'ukha_d@xxxxxxx'
> Subject: RE: [ukha_d] After Sky DigiBox - cheap suppliers ??

<SNIP> The usual method to do what you want is to have a 2nd sky box in the
other
> room.
> The Sky+ box can only decode one stream at at a time so the short
> answer is
> 'no'.
>
> Anyway, I thought with PVRs that nobody watched 'live' TV anymore :-)
>
> Tony

The idea of a PVR really appeals but for two people to watch recordings
simultaneously you currently need two boxes.  What would be good though is
if there was some way to connect the second digibox to SKY+ so that they
both replayed from the same disk storage - in fact, why not separate the
recording from the playback altogether so that any number of playback
devices can be connected?

Jon

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor