RE: Web interface for DDAR control WAS JRec software vs Audiotron

  • To: "'ukha_d@xxxxxxx'" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Web interface for DDAR control WAS JRec software vs Audiotron
  • From: "BUTLER, Tony, FM" <roaming@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 10:20:25 +0100

--- In ukha_d@y..., "BUTLER, Tony, FM" <roaming@f...> wrote:
> > > I did actually mean move the discussion there, I'm sure Ian
> wouldn't
> > > mind.
> >
> > Perhaps, I guess these sorts of devices are useful for the sort of
> ppl who
> > hang out on said group.
> > May be considered OT though and/or some ppl might not want to join
> that
> > group......
> >
> Look, I just checked and Mark McCall is *STILL* the moderator of this
> group and as has been stated before, it is he alone who can determine
> that something is not suitable for discussion here, as he has done on

Ken and I were discussing moving MP3 player type discussions to dedicated
group, not referring to your specific question as such.
Why are you getting so het up about it?

> So, I have rephrased the title a little and my question still stands.
> Does anyone know if JReceiver (or anything else) allows similar
> functionality for control of a DDAR as the Audiotron software does of
> it's player?
>
> To my mind that is a perfectly valid and non-confrontational question
> that I would still like to have answered without another bunch of
> messages about where I should ask the question!

Well excuse me for suggestiong ppl in the JReceiver group might be able to
answer your question!

nobody is being confrontational except you Graham.

Your original thread seemed, IMO, like it could head into another X vs Y
debate.
You said it wasn't and I suggested, as it was a JReceiver question, that you
might get help in the JRec group.
I also mentioned that it might be worth having a single spin off group to
cater specifically for MP3 type players given the variety of them the group
will soon have and given that there are bound to be loads of
questions/comparisons etc about them of no interest (IMO) to the rest of the
group.

This again, does not, IMO (again) seem to be confrontational.  Perhaps you
need to take a chill pill.....

Oh and whilst it may ultimately be up to Mr McC to say yay or nay to a given
topic, it does not stop and has not stopped (as far as I am aware) plenty of
ppl in the past suggesting topics are OT and/or should be moved to other
groups, so why get peeved on this particular occasion?

Tony

      Visit our Internet site at http://www.rbsmarkets.com

The Royal Bank of Scotland is registered in Scotland No 90312
Registered Office: 36 St Andrew Square, Edinburgh EH2 2YB
Regulated by the Financial Services Authority