JRec software vs Audiotron

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: JRec software vs Audiotron
  • From: "graham_howe" <graham@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 16:18:40 -0000

--- In ukha_d@y..., "BUTLER, Tony, FM" <roaming@f...> wrote:
> Graham,
>
> This is not the place to "discuss" DDAR vs Audiotron :-)

I wasn't discussing DDAR vs Audiotron, I am simply asking whether the
JRec software can achieve the same functionality. I (not surprisingly
since I imported 60 of them!) have 3 DDARs at home and would like to
be able to control them via a web interface.

> Has happened before.  We probably need a UKHA_MediaPlayers group or
> something because we have Rio's, AT's and soon SLiMP3's joining the
mix.
> One group per device seems a bit excessive, but then one group with
them all
> in will just result in Rio vs AT vs SLiMP3 'debates'.

Not a debate! Just a question about the software, however good
Audiotron is, it is not an option for me as I already have the Dells.

> I personally prefer the AT to the DDAR.
> I tried getting JRec working but it wouldn't play back my WMA files
or pick
> up the embedded tags (WMA is not a generic cross platform format,
MP3 is.
> JRec only supports cross platform at the moment) and so I had no
play lists
> and just crackles and pops when I manually created playlists.

All MP3 for me.

> As with most things, horses for courses.
> For me WAF was important and no way was a DDAR you have to squint
at or need
> to use a Pc (even a wireless fuji) going to win the day.  The AT
can be
> controlled from the front panel, which boasts a readable display so
it works
> for SWMBO.

Control via wireless ePOD (along with everything else in the house)
is perfectly acceptable if it is possible.

> I can control it from my wireless iPaq so it works for me too....

Yeah the PDA screen did look particularly good, although I would
still need to buy an iPAQ ;-)

> I can't comment on the JRec functionality because it is temporarily
on ice
> until WMA's work with it or I go mad and convert all my collection
to MP3
> having only recently done the WMA conversion.
>
> Sorry this is not the answer you wanted.

No problem, but I still think the question is perfectly valid in this
group, after all it was specifically about controlling a piece of
equipment in my home.

Graham

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor