RE: Linux Recommendations

> Thanks Nick, but why?????
> Lemme see:
> 1/  Pay for and install windoze on your machine to run word, IE, Excel
etc
> etc
> or:

and get a flaky, flaky, flaky ..................oh it crashed

> 2/ Get a free linux distro, install (if all your hardware is
> supported) then
> pay for and install win4lin, then pay for and then repeat 1/ above.

nice stable machine, can do all my real work on it,  ssh,
great virtual window management (I need lots of windows open for work),
compiling etc
..................................... plus I can then cope with all docs
etc
that people
have authored in Word, Excel etc, oh and windows reboots in about 5 seconds
:-)

> Micro$shaft still get their license fees, win4lin get their money and
the
> linux vendor gets jack diddly unless you buy a support package from
> them.....

this is the only problem I can see - I can now use evolution instead of
outlook, but
still have to use Word, Excel etc, and it's very useful to be able to run
any old windows app
at any time.

Nick.