RE: Curtain Control and X10 - SWMBO compliance

  • To: "'ukha_d@xxxxxxx'" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Curtain Control and X10 - SWMBO compliance
  • From: "Stainton-James, Mark (London)" <stainmar@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 12:50:06 +0100

Have to sympathize with you on this one.  The problem is that all of the X10 modules look, in my opinion horrible - with the exception of the WS10 mains socket, mini timer and IR converter. So as you say you are then left pulling cables through for momentary switches and hiding modules - again less than ideal unless you are planning on rewiring or redecorating.

The only suggestion I have is that if you can get away with lifting a few floorboards and retro fitting then the results are definitely worth while - the AWM2 are so small they are much easier to hide.

As for the curtains I have no idea how you can accomplish this one if you get an answer I would love to know as would like to do the same.

Mark