RE: (Fwd) Re: Cheap projector

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: (Fwd) Re: Cheap projector
  • From: "Calum Morrell" <calum@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 18:35:41 +0100

On 15 Apr 2002 at 16:40, Mark Harrison wrote:
> Well,
>
> To be fair, it's better than the email you _could_ have received:
>
> "Dear would-be fraudster,
>
> Thank you for confirming that you only entered into the purchase in ba= d faith, because you knew is was an error. Your details have been passed to= the police.
>
> Yours,
>
> A Vendor"
>
> :-)
>
> M.

Hey Mark, and yes .. I've already read the email you sent after this pointi= ng out the smiley ;-)

I would be absolutely DELIGHTED if they sent me an email to that effect and= notified the police, because that would provide me superb evidence in the = legal
action for liable and deformation of character that would very shortly foll= ow :-D

There was absolutely no attempt to defraud them. The facts are very simple.= They make either an error or an offer [irrelevant] which I accept by attem= pting to
purchase. They realise the error exists and correct it as they are entitled= to do both by their T&Cs and the law surrounding this area. They notif= y the customer
that there was an error on their website that has been corrected and that n= o charge will be made against my choice of payment and apologise for any inconvienience.

But wait!! They haven't contacted me. If I had discovered it by browsing th= e site rather than being notified by this group, I would now be sitting won= dering where
my projector was and on contacting them to receive a reply similar to that = of Chris Bond, would be well entitled to pursue the matter further.

Next scenario ... I'm on the site and I've just purchased several thousand = pounds worth of equiment from them, then browse to the projector section to= add one
to my order. I now note the Hitachi CP370 listed as =A30.00. It could easil= y be argued that a *reasonable* man could consider that to be an offer made= by them
on the basis of the value of order I'm putting together. I'm wondering how = they would have handled that one. Maybe just send out the components I purc= hased
and ignore the projector?

Bah, piss poor customer service. I *am* hoping to buy some kit from someone= such as them in a few months ... it will NOT be them.

--
Calum Morrell
http://www.drochaid.info

Yahoo! Groups Spons= or