Re: MP3 or WMA

Thanks guys for the input, I'm looking to play them through a Rio Receiver (hopefully), so I figure the copyright won't be a problem if I go for WMA's as Eric indicates he already plays through one. I'll do some samples and shove them on a CD to see what it sound like through my hifi and base my decision on that.

Keith (the unoriginal one!)
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, April 14, 2002 10:21 AM
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] MP3 or WMA

I had a quick play with WMA a year or so ago and discovered a MAJOR problem.

Copyright.

If you turn off the copyright protection then allegedly some portable players will not play the file as it is unlicenced.

If you leave it ON then you can only play it on the machine on which it was recorded unless you EXPORT the file along with a copy of the licence to the other machine. This then means that the file then exists in two places and totally goes against the whole digital Jukebox concept where fairly low spec machines have access to a huge repository of material on a central server.

It could have changed now but I stuck with MP3 @ 128kBit

....Oh.... and speaking of copyright....I dont half get confused when I see messages that I dont remember posting until I realise you sent them having "stolen" my signature   :-)

Keith (the ORIGINAL one ! )

www.diyha.co.uk
www.kat5.tv