Re: MP3 or WMA

> Rowdy wrote:

> Starting to copy my CD's to my PC, was going to store as MP3's but a
> friend has said that WMA format is better and to copy at @ 128kbps.
> Before I embark on this anyone care to comment on which format I
> should use and why.

Try doing some encoding at different bit rates and encoders and then
decode them to a CDR. and listen on your various stereos / discmans and
decide for yourself

I find MP3 at between 96 and 128 indistinguishable from each other -
they are all awful.. 160 is ok for most stuff but 192 is better. I have
on a couple of tracks heard problems at 192 that went away at 256.

I figure that HDD space is getting cheaper and cheaper and cheaper and
just do all the new stuff at 320. Its a shame that most of the stuff you
find online is at 128 and done in a shitty shitty encoder..

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor