Re: 4 port USB KVM switch for £50

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: 4 port USB KVM switch for £50
  • From: "richard_lockyer" <richard.lockyer@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 19:24:44 -0000

I have phoned nearly all the stores in the south. According to their
computer systems, most stores have some in stock but there are none
on the shelves.

I would be v. grateful if someone could grab one for me.

Regards

Richard

--- In ukha_d@y..., "John McManus" <john.mcmanus@b...> wrot= e:
> there are several in the York store (Monk Cross).
>
> I have got mine (but of course, you then need to buy the video
cables & usb
> cables for each workstation.
>
> I think the new model is the one that is shown on the USA site for Belkin
> (also switches audio I believe)... looks much sexier, but given the price, I
> can put up with the 'looks' of the unit.

Belkins site it
> > is
> >

> http:/= /catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?
Merchant_Id=3D1&Product_Id=3D
> > 82392
> >
> >     list price there is $249.99
> >
> >     Kevin
> >       -----Original Message----- > >       From: Aashram [mailto:amar@a.= ..]
> >       Sent: 11 April 2002 17:55
> >       To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx > >       Subject: Re: [ukha_d] 4 port = USB KVM switch for =A350
> >

> >       is that online or in the stor= e ?
> >       have you got a link to the pr= oduct on pcworld.co.uk ?
> >
> >         ----- Original Me= ssage -----
> >         From: Kevin Hawki= ns
> >         To: UKHA Group > >         Sent: Thursday, A= pril 11, 2002 5:21 PM
> >         Subject: [ukha_d]= 4 port USB KVM switch for =A350
> >

> >         Seeing as there's= often posts here on KVM switches and
cheap
> sources
> > I have just noticed that P C World are doing the Belkin 4 port Omniview
> USB
> > KVM switch for =A347.97 at the moment - that's half price accordi= ng
to their
> > stickers although last time I looked at these I am sure they were=
=A3129 or
> > =A3149 in there.
> >         Includes a 4 port= USB hub and also a USB to PS/2
covertor. Note
> > these are USB switches - they attach to your PC via a monitor and=
USB
> cable
> > although you can control all the PC's with either a USB or PS/2 > > keyboard/mouse as there is a convertor built in. You can mix PC's=
and
> Mac's
> > and probably any other platform that supports USB I guess. On some boxes
> > there is also a free USB three button mouse included - this is marked via
> > sticker on the outside. No cables are included so you need 4 USB =
cables
> and
> > 4 video cables - I suspect the in house recommended Belkin ones <= BR> are
> > expensive though.
> >
> >         Seems good value = - ideal for monitoring a bank of
MultiTainers !

> >           =   Kevin
> >

> >         For more informat= ion: http://www.automatedhome.co= .uk
> >         Your use of Yahoo= ! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms
of
> Service.
> >

> >       For more information: http://www.automatedhome.co.uk
> >       Your use of Yahoo! Groups is = subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
Service.

> >     For more information: http://www.automatedhome.co.uk
> >     Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to t= he Yahoo! Terms of
Service.

> >         Yahoo! Groups Spo= nsor
> >

> >   For more information: http://www.automatedhome.co.uk
> >   Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Te= rms of
Service.

> ---
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/te= rms/

Yahoo! Groups Spons= or