Re: Unwanted SCART lead switching

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Unwanted SCART lead switching
  • From: "Matt Pavall" <matt@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 13:37:10 -0000

Steve,

Yeah I spotted this as I was surfing around looking for some sign of
progress in this area.  My worry is that Sony haven't/won't publish
the specs and so everyone will come up with their own protocol.  I
found this though, so there is hope:  http://www.havi.org

I know what you mean with the 100 quid cable, when I bought my
surround amp the bloked said I HAD to have a digital-compatible 80
quid 2ft RCA coax cable from the DVD player.  Knowing better than
that I went on to plug in an old two-quid-something cable, works
perfectly.

Cheers,
Matt