RE: new storage devices

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: new storage devices
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phillip.harris1@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 16:04:46 +0100

Be ashamed ... be very ashamed ... I have to admit that I *NEVER* just go take a look at AutomatedHome for news. I tend to depend on the group for getting notification of anything interesting. Usually if Mark posts up something on the News page he mails the group to let them know. Believe it or not I do very little actual web browsing!

I agree that it is probably based around a ProntoPro but there's more screen area for use which has to be a good thing and the cursor controls are a real bonus!

I'm just trying to work out VB or VC++ (I've done BASIC and C++ on other platforms but this MS Visual Studio stuff is just freaky when you're not used to it.) to start programming up an ePod as a Pronto-esque front end with HV doing the IR. (Hoping I can talk to ACE and get ACE to send the IR commands to HV or at least get ACE to tell HV to issue the IR commands.)

Phil