RE: Re: Something to Make TIVO owners cry.

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: Something to Make TIVO owners cry.
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phillip.harris1@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 11:27:16 +0100

But the product is out on display so it's used anyway!

This all comes rolling round to the same thing ... and it even includes the
sparkies thread too.

We all want something for nothing. I go to a dealer in Glasgow for AV kit
and advice - not because he's cheap, but because his advice is good. I pay
for that advice in that I pay full RRP for kit and it costs me £120
in fuel
to get there.

The chains are - ultimately - box shifters maximising profits to the
shareholders (as any business should) by slicing a bit off RRP to tempt the
public and paying whatever wages they can get away with.

If you want good advice then be prepared to expend time and effort (and
money) getting it ... my friend in Glasgow spent a long time with a
customer
sorting out a hifi system that sounded the way that he wanted. This
included
several demos at the shop and also a final home demo ... they then heard
nothing from the customer for about a fortnight until he called back saying
"I've bought all the stuff you showed me on the internet as I could
get a
better price but it doesn't sound right ... I still need the cables so can
you supply those and come set it up for me?" He was astounded when my
friends company were not exactly willing to supply the cables at cost *AND*
set up the system for free!

It's the same story with your sparkies ... maybe this one that's being
discussed is charging high but without getting to the house and discussing
it with the sparky there then who knows?

It's just unfortunate that in the case of a TIVO then the only place you
can
get them is from the box shifters or the chains...

Phil

Brighton,

<Mark.Harrison@e...> wrote:

> > > am ;-)