RE: Re: Something to Make TIVO owners cry.

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: Something to Make TIVO owners cry.
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phillip.harris1@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 11:27:19 +0100

> Did you know for example that a lot of white goods sold in chain
> stores have their warranties cut by the manufacturer, (usually down
> to 1year, so that you can be sold additional warranties by the shop)
> but if you buy the same product from an independant you normally get
> a fully 3 year manufacturers warranty included in the price!
> (and if they are good usually for less money than the chain store
> too).

I bought a Panasonic TX28PK3 28" widescreen TV a bit ago ... the chain
that
sold it to me would do me an extra three year warranty for £180. I
said no -
as I always do - as I usually assume a TV will last five years at least and
if it fails then I'll usually want to upgrade rather than repair so not a
problem.

However, in the bottom of the box when I unpacked it there was a Panasonic
booklet offering an extended warranty for three years for £24.99.

This reminded me that there was exactly the same booklet in the bottom of
the box for the *PREVIOUS* Panasonic TV that I'd bought and which is still
going strong!

Phil