Re: Wiring install. How Much ?

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Wiring install. How Much ?
  • From: ian@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 18:52:42 -0000

Hi Keith

When I origonally spoke to them I asked if I could have access to the=20
site just to get the cables in but they said not. There is no way I=20
will pay that amount just to have the cables put in. I'll speak to=20
them tommorrow to see what (If any) options I have. I'll also ask=20
them to break down the cost so I can see what they want to try and=20
charge me for. Not sure what pressure I can put on them as swmbo must=20
have the house ! What do you think a fair price would be just for=20
cable install ?

Ian

PS If they give in and let me have site access I'll have to search=20
the archives to see what bribes to use, I seem to remember a mention=20
of cheesy chips !, but I am rather new to the group !

--- In ukha_d@y..., "Keith Doxey" <ukha@d...> wrote:
> I think he doesnt want to do it.  :-(
>=20
> He has quoted a really high figure so that if you do decide to have=20
it done
> he can go off on a nice long holiday afterwards.
>=20
> Can you get any other quotes or Do-It-Yourself, or are you=20
contractually
> forced to have the work done by the site electrician?
>=20
> =A33700 would buy an awful lot of Pizza and Curry.
>=20
> C'mon Everybody, Ian's having a House Wiring Party :-)
>=20
> Keith " Large Super Supreme with Extra Chillies"
I move