From: Phil Harris
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Sent: 21/10/01 18:04
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] I said I wouldn't...

A laptop LCD panel wouldn't be able to take any form of video signal
directly anyway ... you'd have to have the PC playing the DVD to be able
do that or using some sort of TV grabber. None of the older laptops have
the
grunt to be able to do that and it seems a shame to butcher a laptop
that is
powerfull (and hence new) enough...

....personally I think it's one of those ideas that should have been shot
at
inception!

There isn't a miraculous and cheap shortcut to getting a big TV image on
your wall or whatever. Video projectors are different beasts to data
projectors even though they might both seem to be just an 800x600 panel
and
a bulb. Data projectors almost always completely screw up colour
rendition
whereas any projector with any video intentions should have had far more
effort spent on making sure the colour rendition is correct. It doesn't
really matter if a powerpoint presentation in a room lit with
flourescent
lights and being shown to a bunch of suits is slightly off colour but
video
is far more noticeable...

Phil

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/