RE: Audio signal distribution.

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Audio signal distribution.
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phillip.harris1@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 May 2001 12:34:38 +0100

Basically I would suggest that if you're just wanting to pipe voice
announcements or so on through the house then CAT5 would be more than
sufficient but anything with any degree of quality should use far heftier
wiring - hell, even bell wire would be better (much as I hate the stuff and
would never have it in my house other than to the doorbell)!

Myself, I was looking at using a couple of the 6 channel Rotel power amps
provide individually controlled outputs in each room ... I couldn't stand
it
if switching in or out other rooms affected volumes elsewhere. As it is I
just ended up buying decent micro systems (TEAC Reference and Denon) for
the
kitchen and bedrooms.

Cheers

Phil

The
> choices are out there, in the end it is YOU the potential user that
will
> decide what YOU think is best based on Features, Performance and
Price.

> Keith

house with cat 5,