RE: [Project] XML, Byte Encoded XML, How does it talk ?

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [Project] XML, Byte Encoded XML, How does it talk ?
  • From: "Primoz Gabrijelcic" <gabr@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 12:58:20 +0200

> > XML is fine for data transfer but for advertising of functions
and
remote
> > execution we should really use higher-level abstractions (all
using XML
for
> > data transfer) - SOAP comes to mind.
> Spooky - this message arrived as I was typing my SOAP message -
> and I opened it AFTER posting mine!

Great minds etc :-)

I'd like to add that SOAP likes really promising - it is actually a first
(if I am not mistaken) open, cross-platform, cross-language protocol for
remote execution. And it is based on the text messaging (XML) and therefore
easy to process on any platform. There are SOAP libraries available for
almost everything, including Perl.

Primoz