Heating Control & LED

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Heating Control & LED
  • From: "Michael Mc Aree" <michael.mcaree@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 14:00:28 +0100

The Scene:
I have a Touchlinc Screen which we use to switch on and off the heating
along with other things.A really nice bit of kit. The heating control is
one
of those mechanical yokes with simple on/off/twice timers. I have it wired
through an appliance module and set to 'on'. I then use Homeseer as my
major
timer, ibuttons for a thermostat and Touchlinc for local control. The setup
is similar to that seen on http://www.bdlbbs.demon.co.uk/himages/heat.jpg
The Problem:
The Touchlinc is really nice looking but the timer isn't. We know the
heating is on when the LED on the timer is lit but I would like to hide the
timer control in a cupboard or elsewhere yet still have some sort of visual
indication that the heating is 'on'.
The Solution:
Thats what you guys are here for :-)

Michael